Catbird Pikkolo Baby Carrier Apriana
The Catbird Pikkolo is a compact, versatile, soft structured baby carrier that carries the baby from newborn up to 40 lbs. It's unique feature is the unstructured waist which makes it possible to cinch the carrier narrower to enable small babies to ride legs-out or older infants to face forward comfortably. Shoulder straps have absorbant padding makes long periods of baby carrying easy and comfortable. All buckles adjust both ways for an optimal fit.
This is the New and Improved version for 2011
- improved cinching mechanism for easy forward facing carries
- attached sleep hood with an internal storage pocket
- sleep hood attaches with toggles instead of clips
- chest clip now come attached on sliders on the shoulder strap, which allows for greater control over the placement of the chest belt
- with babies 8 lbs. up to 40 lbs.
- front facing in or out
- on your hip
- on your back
- with your detachable flat sleeping hood (included with purchase) when your little one's head gets floppy
The babywearing support belt accessory is an essential to long term use of the pikkolo. By adding a firmly padded waist support to your baby carrier, it enables the carrier to comfortably carry a heavier child.
- memory foam padding in shoulder straps is dense, providing support that isn't bulky and conforms to your shape,
- 100% brushed cotton canvas,
- 100% cotton printed or solid canvas center panel,
- unique built-in cinching mechanism that allows the panel width to be adjusted for allowing newborns to have legs out while facing in, or older babies to face out,
- a detachable hood that may be used as a head support or to shield baby from sun or elements,
- includes separate chest belt accessory for use in back carry (optional),
- may be used with our Babywearing Support Belt accessory to convert to a more traditional padded belt structured carrier when baby enters toddler stage or surpasses 20-25 lbs.
Tips on wearing:
The waist webbing is meant to go around your natural waist, or even above. If you are used to wearing buckle carriers such as Ergo or Beco lower on your hips, you may be putting the pikkolo on too low. Wearing it above your natural waist will shorten the body and bring the baby higher, so it usually works best for small babies and babies who want to face out (to give them more room to see out). Otherwise, wearing at the natural waist is the intended position.
Also, make sure that your baby's bum is seated deeply into the carrier. If there is "pouching" or rumpled fabric in the area of the baby's bum, then take the straps down, make sure baby's legs are spread as wide as comfortable, smoothing fabric of carrier body out horizontally and bring out and up as you start to bring the shoulder straps up over your shoulders. You may even want to hold both shoulder straps and give a little bounce to get the baby in deeply.
- We recommend the belt as something you may wish to graduate to as your child enters the 20-25 lb. range, not something you will want to add and remove frequently. 100% cotton fabric, made in US, patent-pending. Spot clean.
You may also be interested in
I am a Grandma and have been a carrier junkie for decades. I decided to try out the Pikkolo after seeing it and reading the reviews. I have been wearing it with a 1 1/2 year old and a 2 month old and love it. I will not be buying another brand and am ordering my second Pikkolo to give to the parents of a coming grand-child. In a word - BRILLIANT!
"Another parent thrilled with the Pikkolo!"
I absolutely love my Pikkolo carrier. I originally bought it for an airplane trip with my 4 month old baby, but we use it practically every day for housework, walks, errands, and the late afternoon fussy period. My baby is much happier in the carrier. I also love that it has an additional support belt, which I've added now that my little one is getting bigger.
"easy to use!"
I thought it might be difficult to get my 1 year old into back carry position alone, but it was easy and he loves it! Customer service was great, got my question answered the same day, too. Fast shipping.
"Love my Pikkolo!"
by Jessica Field
I got my Pikkolo from Fei over a year ago and have loved having it. It is so versatile and a must have when doing airplane travel. I flew by myself when my daughter was 3 months and used it the whole trip. Just recently I flew with her again by myself at 18 months and it was still such a lifesaver. She can breastfeed in private and feels cozy and comforted right next to me....and I'm comfortable to boot! Love this website and seller!
"Great for Petite or Big & Tall"
I'm a petite mom (5') married to a big & tall dad (6'4") and this fit both of us. We choose this one because of the versatility of having baby facing out when front wearing. She loves it. I love wearing her on my hip. More comfortable than other carriers I tried. Some the strap dug into my neck, but this one stayed comfortably on my shoulder. One tip, take note of the description above to wear at your natural waist or above. I had it lower, on my hips at first and it wasn't comfortable. Moved it up my torso to the right spot and it was perfect.
See all reviews for Catbird Pikkolo Baby Carrier »
Write a review!